Application for the 2017 Steinway Society Piano Competition
Deadline to submit an application is May 12, 2017!
Please include the following items in your application:
- Entry form
- A check in the correct amount for your division, made payable to “Steinway Society of Massachusetts”
- A biographical profile of approximately 100 words (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A high resolution photograph in JPG or TIFF format (send to email@example.com)
or fill out the form below. All fields are required.
2017 Competition Divisions
Steinway Society of Massachusetts’ 2017 Piano Competition will consist of five divisions. All divisions will compete at M. Steinert & Sons’ Piano Selection Facility at 28 Damrell St. in South Boston. All entrants must compete in the division corresponding to their current grade level.
Division 1 (Grades 3-4)
Division 2 (Grades 5-6)
Division 3 (Grades 7-8)
Division 4 (Grades 9-10)
Division 5 (Grades 11-12)
2017 PIANO COMPETITION RULES
- All participants must live or attend school in MA, RI, NH or ME.
- All contestants must meet the grade requirements of the Division in which they are participating.
- Complete applications will be accepted in the order received.
- Contestants who apply after the competition is full will receive a full refund of their fee.
- First Prize winners of previous Steinway Society competitions may not compete within the same division and must meet the grade requirement prior to registering for the next division.
- All contestants must perform from memory.
- Contestants must provide the judges with their music at the time of the audition.
- Unauthorized copies of music will not be accepted.
- Contestants will receive notification via email of audition day and time.
- Decisions made by the Jury are final and the Jury has the right to withhold any of the prizes.
- Jurors will not judge contestants to whom they are related, or with whom they have been in a teaching relationship.
- The Jury may stop contestants at any time during the performance.
- Cash awards are subject to applicable U.S. income tax laws.
- The prize winners from each division must perform in the award recital following the competition in order to receive his/her award.
- Each contestant accepts unconditionally the rules of the competition by submitting his/her signed application.