Christina Dietrich Artistic Director, Steinway Society of Massachusetts email@example.com (617) 426-1900 M. Steinert & Sons 28 Damrell Street, Suite 102 Boston, MA 02127
- All Steinway & Sons 2018 Piano Competition participants must complete and submit the full application on the Acceptd website. All application materials must be received by April 30, 2018.
- Age requirements apply to applicant’s age as of April 1, 2018. Applicants must reside in the United States or Canada. Students are only allowed to participate at one audition location.
- A non-refundable application fee of $75 must be paid at the time of application submission.
- Division III applicants must upload a video(s) performing one of the two audition pieces on an acoustic piano.
- A confirmation email will be sent for each completed application received.
- Contestants will receive notification via email about the day and time of their performance audition by May 19, 2018. Special scheduling accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The prize winners of each division must perform on the Winners Concert scheduled at Symphony Hall in Boston on Saturday, September 8, 2018 in order to receive his/her award.
REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATIONS
- Participants must perform at least two pieces of contrasting style and period in a live audition and memorized:
- I – Ages 9 and under (max. 8 minutes), Saturday, June 2
- II – Ages 10-13 (max. 10 minutes), Sunday, June 3
- III – Ages 14-18 (max. 15 minutes), Saturday, June 9 and Sunday, June 10
- Division III Preliminary Round: each contestant must provide a video of one of the two selections he or she plans on presenting at the competition. After passing the Preliminary Round, contestants will be notified if they have qualified to participate in the Final Round on June 9 and 10. At the Final Round of Division III, the jury may elect to hear only one selection from the repertoire presented by the contestant. Contestants will be given advance notice of such decisions.
- Results from the competition will be announced at the end of each division.
- Each contestant will be allowed a 20 minute rehearsal at any one of the three M. Steinert & Sons showroom locations (Columbus Ave., Damrell St., and Natick) to try a Steinway B, the model used at the competition. Available rehearsal dates and times will be announced once the competition registration in closed.
- Each contestant must bring a clean score of their chosen repertoire for the judges’ use. No photo copies will be accepted.
- Audition repertoire may be longer or shorter than the allotted times. Programs that are over the time limit will be cut short at the judges’ discretion. Programs that are under the time limit will end their auditions early, at no penalty to the contestant.
- Participants should arrive 30 minutes before their assigned audition time. Participants should arrive dressed in semi-formal attire, warmed up, and ready to perform for their audition.
- There is a chance that judges will need to cut off performances. If a competitor misses their turn, they will have forfeited their chance to participate (no refunds).
- Participants will be notified of judges’ comments via Acceptd. Decisions made by the jury are final and the jury has the right to withhold any of the prizes.
- Participants and their families and teachers are not allowed to communicate with the judges.
- Students who study or have studied with any of the announced judges or who are close relatives of any of the announced judges shall not be eligible to compete. A refund will be issued to these students.
- Steinway & Sons and Steinway-authorized showrooms reserve the right to photograph, record, or video participants during the competition and use these documents for marketing purposes.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Steinway & Sons reserves the right to the interpretation of the Terms and conditions of the Regulations.
- The competition will take place at M. Steinert & Sons, 28 Damrell Street, Boston, MA 02127.
Register Here : http://www.steinway.com/misc/2018-steinway-piano-competition