WE’RE GOING VIRTUAL IN 2020!
The Steinway Society of Massachusetts is pleased to announce that the region’s premier piano competition will be going virtual in 2020 in response to this year’s health pandemic. Competitors will submit their performances via video.
Winners will be announced at the end of June. The winner’s concert will be held later in the year either live, or live-streamed, as conditions permit. The Society’s mission of promoting young artists is as important as ever with the challenges brought forth by the coronavirus era.
This competition represents our commitment to the pursuit of superior artistic expression through piano performance.
TOP PRIZE WINNERS
- Division I: First Prize – $200 Second Prize – $125 Third Prize – $75
- Division II: First Prize – $350 Second Prize – $225 Third Prize – $125
- Division III: First Prize – $500 Second Prize – $300 Third Prize – $200
First, second, and third place winners will also receive commemorative medals and recognition on the Steinway Society of Massachusetts website. All participants will receive a certificate of participation and judges’ comments.
Two contrasting pieces for solo piano from different eras of Western classical music: the first from the Baroque or Classical, and the second from the Romantic or Twentieth/Twenty-First Century. All music must be performed from memory.
- Division I: Ages 10 and under (max 9 minutes)
- Division II: Ages 11-14 (max 12 minutes)
- Division III: Ages 15-18 (max 15 minutes)
Age requirements apply to the applicant’s age as of April 1, 2020. Open to applicants from the surrounding region.
See the complete list of requirements and regulations.
Video Submission Rules and Guidelines