This Competition represents our commitment to the pursuit of superior artistic expression through piano performance!
Registration is open from February 15th, 2022 and continue through May 15th, 2022. Deadline for video recording submission is May 24th, 2022.
The Competition will consist of three divisions as follows:
- Division I: Ages 10 and under
- Division II: Ages 11-14
- Division III: Ages 15-18
Preliminary Round : ALL participants will submit a video via YouTube for adjudication. Instructions on video format and submission TBA.
Final Round: ALL Finalists will perform LIVE at the Final Round of the Competition to be held on Sunday, June 12th, 2022.
Registration Fee $85
TOP PRIZE WINNERS
- Division I: First Prize – $200 | Second Prize – $125 | Third Prize – $75
- Division II: First Prize – $350 | Second Prize – $225 | Third Prize – $125
- Division III: First Prize – $500 | Second Prize – $300 | Third Prize – $200
First, second, and third place winners will also receive commemorative medals and recognition on the Steinway Society of Massachusetts website. Finalists will receive a Certificate of Achievement. All participants will receive the judges’ comments.
Two contrasting pieces for solo piano from different eras of Western classical music: the first from the Baroque or Classical, and the second from the Romantic or Twentieth/Twenty-First Century. All music must be performed from memory.
- Division I: Ages 10 and under (max 9 minutes)
- Division II: Ages 11-14 (max 12 minutes)
- Division III: Ages 15-18 (max 15 minutes)
Age requirements apply to the applicant’s age as of April 1, 2022. Open to applicants from the surrounding region.